Ecuador is located in the northwest part of South American, near the Pacific Ocean. The have a population of about 14,790,608. If you are ever able to travel, we highly recommend you visit Ecuador. Ecuador has many activities for the whole family! The scenery is just beautiful and breathtaking. Around 1000, the northern highlands of Ecuador formed the Kingdom of Quito. In 1819, Ecuador joined Venezuela, Colombia, and Panama, which was know as Greater Colombia. Peru then invaded Ecuador in 1941 and took a large part of their territory but in 1991, they signed a treaty ending the border dispute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Facts about Ecuador
-Majority of the people are Roman Catholic.
-The capital of Ecuador is Quito.
-Ecuador has active volcanoes.
-Their currency is actually a US dollar too!
-The main industires are petroleum, food processing, textiles, chemicals, and wood products.
-The main agricultural industires are bananas, coffee, cocoa, rice, potatoes, balsa wood, tapioca, sugarcane, sheep, and shrimp.
-Home of Ocwaldo Guayasamin, one of the best painters in the 20th century.
-The Guinea Pig is considered a delicacy.
-The people of Ecuador do not flush their toilet paper, they put it in the trash can instead.
-The national sport in Ecuador is soccer, they qualified for the 2006 FIFA world cup!
-The capital of Ecuador is Quito.
-Ecuador has active volcanoes.
-Their currency is actually a US dollar too!
-The main industires are petroleum, food processing, textiles, chemicals, and wood products.
-The main agricultural industires are bananas, coffee, cocoa, rice, potatoes, balsa wood, tapioca, sugarcane, sheep, and shrimp.
-Home of Ocwaldo Guayasamin, one of the best painters in the 20th century.
-The Guinea Pig is considered a delicacy.
-The people of Ecuador do not flush their toilet paper, they put it in the trash can instead.
-The national sport in Ecuador is soccer, they qualified for the 2006 FIFA world cup!
Volcano in Ecuador
There are three main Volcanoes in Ecuador called the Antisana, Cotopaxi, and Chimborazo. Many visitors and people that live in Ecuador look forward to climbing these volcanoes. Cotopaxi is the most popular and most climbed volcano. It is known to be the largest active volcano. It is a beautiful, prefectly shaped cone covered in snow.
The money is a United States dollar? Whoa..That's really weird but that's cool. I didn't know that and oh I wanna go mountain biking there. That sounds very difficult, but fun :)) I say we all go as a spanish class!
ReplyDeleteNolan, Ecuador seems like a very interesting place to visit. Janelle, Keidra, and I would like to visit Cotopaxi Mountain because we all like going on hikes, taking adventures and we love snow!
ReplyDelete-Jasmyn
I would definately go here because I see that it has seafood! Toasted corn? The hotels look really pretty.The colors are really bright and lively and I love that.Lots of different activities too. A+
ReplyDeleteHey guys(: It's Alex (P.) on Amy's little thing. So the shrimp def looks great! However I think its disturbing that these people don't flush their toilet paper..thats just weird. That might make me not wanna visit there haha sorry (: but other than that your page looks really good. I love all the pictures on the side of the page and all the different options that I can click on (: I had fun clicking away on here. I love you guys!! (:
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good blog, and Ecuador seems like it would be a fun country to visit. I must say that I was a little grossed out/disturbed when I read that guinea pigs were considered delicacies. I can't even imagine eating one of those; it makes me sick just thinking about it! But besides that the rest of the food sounds pretty good. :)
ReplyDeletehey! its alyssa. the volcano looks really pretty. thos hotels are also really pretty i would definitely stay in one of them! (: im not really a seafood person but i would definitely have to try some (: yalls pagelooks great! (:
ReplyDelete